Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pete Seeger is my religion, & thoughts on change.

He has put more of my subconscious, deeply ingrained beliefs into words than any other person on the planet. Love him. 
& he's 90!!!


"Down through the centuries, this trick has been tried by various establishments throughout the world. They force people to get involved in the kind of examination that has only one aim and that is to stamp out dissent."


"I love my country very dearly, 
and I greatly resent the implication 
that some of the places that I have sung 
and some of the people that I have known, 
and some of my opinions, 
whether they are religious or philosophical, 
make me less of an 
American. "
"I want to turn the clock back
 to when people lived in small villages 
and took care of each other."
"There is hope for the world."
and last but not least .. .
"Little boxes, 
on the hillside, 
little boxes made of ticky-tacky
little boxes
on the hillside
&they all look just the same."


- The Seeg.
Change.
I'm the type of person who believes in most things,
or more accurately, 
believes that anything is possible, because nothing can be proven impossible,&too much is unexplainable. This makes it particularly difficult for me to believe in popular adages, such as "people don't change."
Really? They don't? It seems like believing that makes it really hard to be friends with most people. Most of my friends probably wouldn't be my friends, and I would likely be a Republican. People can change, some don't, sure. But they can, and they do.

No comments: