Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Silent retreats

"For those who desire to deeply realize the truth of their being and the essence of existence"

Really? silence? I'm the first to admit that silence is not my strongest point. I always thought hysterical rants, the most recent brought on by a glowing orange, engine shaped icon, were vital to mental stability. Better out than in. If something is bothering me that badly, so badly that the energy produced as a result uncontrollably spews from me, I should let it. Stay silent? I would almost definitely stroke.

But, I could be wrong. The retreat description continues,
“Silence is the container of retreat to which all participants dedicate themselves, for it is in inner silence that deep realization spontaneously blooms.” – Adyashanti.

Maybe I'll give it a try. But is this stuff for real, or just some hushed farce concealed by eastern themes?


No comments: