Thursday, October 8, 2009

Monkey Mind.

My brain cannot seem to stay on one topic recently, so I figured I'd let loose some random, half-thought out thinks.
Certain numbers & dates are always around .
Nov 11.
May 18.
May 16.
12.
1004.
24.
I see them often, and for years, and maybe I just notice them because I noticed them once then twice then noticed how often I noticed them, and maybe the whole thing is just a snowball of observation growing ever larger- but, I strongly think not.
next.
There is something - eerie? mystical? transfixing? - about a full moon. Even an almost full moon. So obvious and huge and amazing and demanding of attention. I saw a Discovery Channel special on the moon once. The earth reacts - the water and energy - ovaries. The Romans called the moon "Luna." its something.
also.
Octopuses have six "arms" and two "legs" I had no idea.
There is something about spending money when your down, that just ... helps. I'm not sure why, perhaps new things, something to hold and touch that hasn't been exposed to whatever it is that is troubling you, allows for a new perspective. Or maybe, feelings of depression, feelings of inadequacy, create a compulsion to mask ourselves with material, to enhance our self image. either or. finally,

www.nataliedee.com is awesome & always has been.





2 comments:

Meg said...

monkey mind is like bubbles of creativity that you have to run around and try to catch. but then they burst all over your fingers in that filmy dish soapy film.

Ryan Manaloto said...

no matter what, i always catch 12:34 (either AM, PM, or both) in a day. without fail. no idea why.